About The Instructor
Forbes, Newsweek, Inc., Politico, NPR, HuffPost, The Hill, and many other sources have cited or quoted Jonathan Rupprecht who is a drone lawyer and an FAA certificated commercial pilot with single-engine, multi-engine, and instrument ratings. He has also been an FAA certificated airplane flight instructor and instrument flight instructor for over a decade.
- Contributor to Forbes.com for Aerospace and Defense.
- Former adjunct faculty professor at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
- Worked with John Taylor on the famous Taylor v. FAA cases in the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals where the court sided with them and struck down some of the FAA's regulations as being illegal. In other words, they beat the FAA at the federal appeals court right below the United States Supreme Court.
- Assisted Michael Singer in the Singer v. City of Newton case which was the first case of a federal judge striking down a local drone law as being illegal.
Jonathan authored a drone book that was used at multiple universities around the U.S. He also created the popular Drone Operator's Logbook. He co-authored a legal treatise on unmanned aircraft that is being published by the American Bar Association.
How to be confident at determining where you can fly your drone so you can fly safely without having to look over your shoulder for the FAA even when you have little to no aviation background.
Do any of these statements accurately reflect you?
"I'm wasting time trying to digest all these different types of airspace. There are like a million different symbols. Where do I even start? Help!"
“I'm unsure of where I can fly. I read the free study material online but I don't want to get in trouble."
"I want to learn from someone who is an FAA certificated flight instructor and not some self-proclaimed flight instructor."
"I want to be trained for real life, not some test."
"I want someone to show me step-by-step what I should check for."
If you found yourself saying, “That’s me!” to any of those statements, this course is for you.
This course has over 40 videos, 114 multiple choice questions, and a checklist to help you review what you need to check before you fly.
What is Covered in This Course
- Material You Can Use Throughout The Course and During The Quizzes
- Intro & Airspace Basics FREE PREVIEW
- QUIZ- Intro and Airspace Basics FREE PREVIEW
- B,C, and D Airspace FREE PREVIEW
- QUIZ- B,C, and D Airspace FREE PREVIEW
- Class E and G Airspace FREE PREVIEW
- QUIZ - Class E and G Airspace FREE PREVIEW
- Airspace Look Alikes
- QUIZ- Look Alikes FREE PREVIEW
- Airspace Dimensions
- QUIZ - Airspace Dimensions
- Part 73- Restricted and Prohibited Areas
- QUIZ - Part 73- Restricted and Prohibited Areas
- Parts 91 and 99 Flight Restrictions
- QUIZ - Parts 91 and 99 Flight Restrictions
- Part 93 Special Air Traffic Rules
- QUIZ - Part 93-Special Air Traffic Rules
- Airspace is Complex and Can Change
- QUIZ - Airspace Is Complex and Can Change
- Special Use Airspace
- QUIZ - Special Use Airspace
- Other Airspace Areas (Part 1)
- QUIZ-Other Airspace Areas (Part 1)
- Other Airspace Areas (Part 2)
- QUIZ- Other Airspace Areas (Part 2)
- ATC and the NAS
- QUIZ-ATC and the NAS
- Weather Minimums for Airspace
- QUIZ- Weather Minimums for Airspace
- ATC Authorizations and Related Operating Limitations
- QUIZ- ATC Authorizations and Related Operating Limitations
- Operations Near Airports (Part 1) FREE PREVIEW
- QUIZ - Operations Near Airports (Part 1)
- Operations Near Airports (Part 2)
- QUIZ - Operations Near Airports (Part 2)
- Federal Laws
- Interference with wildfire suppression, law enforcement, or emergency response effort by operation of unmanned aircraft
- QUIZ - Federal Laws
- Potential Flight Hazards
- QUIZ-Potential Flight Hazards
- The Purpose of NOTAMs
- NTAP Important Update
- D and Pointer NOTAMs FREE PREVIEW
- QUIZ- D and Pointer NOTAMS
- FDC and SAA NOTAMs
- QUIZ-FDC NOTAMs
- How to File a NOTAM and Other Stuff
- QUIZ-How to File a NOTAM
- Charts (Sectional and Terminal)
- QUIZ- Charts (Sectional and Terminal)
- How to Read Latitude and Longitude
- QUIZ- How to Read Latitude and Longitute
- Notice to Airmen Publication (NTAP) Update FREE PREVIEW
- Chart Resources (Chart Supplement & Aeronautical Chart User's Guide)
- QUIZ- Chart Resources (Chart Supplement & Aeronautical Chart User's Guide)
- FAA UAS Data Map with Flight Restrictions and UAS Airport Facility Maps
- notams.aim.faa.gov (NOTAM Search) FREE PREVIEW
- tfr.faa.gov (for Flight Restrictions)
- Skyvector.com FREE PREVIEW
- sua.faa.gov (Special Use Airspace Website)
- Notice to Airmen Publication (NTAP) in HTML
- Website Resources
- FAA Publications: AIM, Airmen Certification Standards, Advisory Circulars, Notices and Orders, Manuals.
- QUIZ- FAA Publications: AIM, Airmen Certification Standards, Advisory Circulars, Notices and Orders, Manuals.
- Other Resources
Frequently Asked Questions:
When was this video course created?
It was published in May 2019.
How long is this course?
The course is over 4 hours of video.
How long will I have access to the course?
After I finish the course, can I go back later and review the materials, retake quizzes, etc.?
Does your course cover all the material I need to pass the remote pilot knowledge test?
This course was designed specifically for the airspace, chart reading, and requirements section portion which makes up 15-25% of the initial knowledge exam and 30-40% of the recurrent knowledge exam.
Will we be able to use one course to train and retrain the entire staff?
No, here’s why. (1) Each person would be quizzed which forces retention of the material and (2) each completion certificate has their name on it. The certificate acts as documentation of training in case of an FAA audit. The student has access to the course for a year. If you have more than 4 people going through the course, contact us and we can arrange a discount.
Do you offer group pricing for 10 or more students?
Yes, email us the details.
Can we pay via one purchase order for our group?
Yes, email us the details. We can do one purchase order to get started.
I downloaded a free study guide off the internet to study for the exam. How this course any different?
This course was designed to teach you the knowledge you need to know so you can fly confidently in the United States. Great effort was put into this course to point out things rarely talked about that are of great importance. Furthermore, I know of no other study guides that have over 100 + quiz questions designed by a current flight instructor who is also a practicing aviation attorney.